Is It Raining Inside?
The key to effective water remediation is to determine the source of the loss. Sounds easy, right? Not so much in some cases. The past (2) months have been a challenge for many mitigation contractors who have been dealing with…. Hydrostatic Pressure AKA SEEPAGE!
So why the past (2) months? Hydrostatic Pressure can be an issue all year-round undetected, however, when it rains excessively – the water must go somewhere. What a nightmare!
Professional water proofing company’s aim to seal your foundation so tightly that it will hold off water like a boat. The problem is that your house is not a boat and it’s not going to float. (Unless you live on a house boat, but then I’m guessing you don’t have a basement.)
So, what are the signs you should look for to prevent a serious water/mold issue?
· Trust your sense of smell. If you smell mustiness or mildew, it’s likely there was water damage and now there may be a potential mold issue.
· In unfinished basements, concrete block or masonry walls start to bow or bulge in the middle
· Cracks in the foundation walls or floors
· In finished basements, signs of drywall peeling/bubbling and flooring damage.
· Excessive humidity
· Cracks running in a stair-step pattern in exterior brick or stonework
· Building elements like chimneys or additions separating from the rest of the structure
· Gaps around doors or windows
· Facia board or other trim pulling away
If you notice these signs in your home, it may be time to pick up the phone and call the professionals! Savage Restoration will guide you through the process. Pick up the phone and call 732-671-0990.
Disclaimer: Savage Restoration is not responsible for any information that is listed or ommitted on this marketing material.